The House Tutors are our valued student staff team.
- All members of our HT team live on-site and are a valuable resource regarding all matters to do with Carrington and student life.
- Every house or floor (often referred to as a flouse) has a designated HT responsible for the area and the residents located there. You will meet your HT on your first day at Carrington.
- Get to know your HT (and the HT team)! They have all been first year residents at Carrington themselves and are still studying at University. Your flouse (floor/house) HT will be working hard to get to know you too.
- Your HT is your first point of contact for all those questions you are sure to have in the first few weeks about the Carrington Community and University.
- HTs do all kinds of things around Carrington. They manage the day-to day aspects of College life, complete set rostered evening and weekend duties, get to know residents and providing support, distribute late dinners and milk to their flouse, and oversee the weekly linen change.
- One of the main times where you will come across HTs is on their nightly rounds. When they are not on rounds they can be found in the Dining Room over meal times or in the Linton Office. Each night there is a HT or HTs on duty from 5.15pm until about 11pm, then they are ‘on call’ right through the night.
- Rounds have a number of functions. HTs need to ensure that the atmosphere is conducive to study and sleep especially in the evenings so they will be monitoring noise and checking for health and safety risks around the buildings and grounds.
- During Weekends, a Duty HT will be available during the day as well as at night to support the on-call Senior Manager.
- Finally, remember that HTs, along with all staff, are here to assist you. Just ask!