Volunteer ecumenical chaplaincy assistant
Hi. My name is Lyn and I have been around the University for over 16 years.
I started off as a Security Officer (before Campus Watch were around) and this is my 11th year as part of the Chaplaincy Team.
This is what I am NOT going to do in my role as Chaplain:
- Preach to you or at you,
- Hit you over the head with a Bible,
- Try to convert you in any way, shape or form
What I AM going to do is:
- Support you in your journey through your time at University
- Help you understand what is required of you by the institution,
- Help you find your way around the place (especially in your first year),
- Help you find what it is you would really like to do with your life and what you may need to do to bring it to pass.
Don’t be put off by the Banner I come under. Come and speak to me when you see me around! I look forward to meeting more of you in my time here.
I am here to help Staff and Students on their life journey while they are at Otago University.