Te Tari Mātai Rehunga – Rangahau
- A clinical trial with 54 patients looked at the pain threshold and tolerance. This was measured by the Cold Pressor Test as a predictor of prolonged pain outcomes. This has been completed, and is being written up at present.
- An observational study looking at the Management of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) is taking place at present. This involves physiotherapists from all over the South Island of New Zealand.
- The Peri-operative Analgesic Requirements and Quality of Recovery
- The Influence of surgery on sevoflurane brain levels and awakening from anaesthesia
- The Nerve Block Study studies patients pain & recovery after a nerve block
- The BALANCED Study looks at depth of anaesthesia and whether anaesthetic depth has an important effect on surgical outcome
- Metabolism and glycaemic control
- Cardiovascular dysfunction and its diagnosis and treatment
- Pulmonary mechanics and management of mechanical ventilation
- Kidney injury in Critical Illness (with Christchurch Kidney Research Group)