The Department has a number of established research projects in progress, funded from a variety of sources.
The main themes are Maternal and Fetal Medicine, Gynaecological Cancer, Endocrine regulation of reproduction, and Reproductive steroids in cardiovascular disease.
Professor John Evans is a full-time research scientist enabling research collaboration between clinical and laboratory science within the specialty.
The research areas of interest are
- Database development
- Investigation into Preeclampsia
- Participation in Multicentre Clinical Trials
The laboratory has projects in these main areas.
- Gynaecological cancer
- Biomechanical forces and Cell Behaviour
- The receptive uterus (the Window of Implantation)
- Reproductive Endocrinology
The group is involved in leading local, national and international collaborative research projects in the areas of:
- Endometrial cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Vulval cancer