MHealSci (Pain & Pain Management) (distinction), BPhty, BPhEd (Excercise Prescription), PGCertHealSci (Musculoskeletal Management), NZ Certificate in Tertiary Teaching
Louise Sheppard is a New Zealand-registered physiotherapist, who also holds a Master of Health Sciences in Pain and Pain Management from the University of Otago.
With 15 years’ experience in clinical practice and education her roles have included:
- Physiotherapy, including vocational rehabilitation and pain management
- Exercise prescription and group exercise instruction
- Programme and resource development
- Clinical supervision, tutoring and lecturing
- Nociplastic pain
- Exercise and physical activity in the management of pain
- Pain in the perinatal period
Sheppard, L., & Lennox Thompson, B. (2021, March). ACC community pain services survey: Where to from here for interprofessional practice? An action research session [Invited]. Verbal presentation at the New Zealand Pain Society (NZPS) Annual Scientific Meeting: Making the Connection: Cortex, Culture & Community, Waitangi, New Zealand.
Marshall, H., & Sheppard, L. (2019). Foundations in the science of physical activity. In N. Draper & G. Stratton (Eds.), Physical activity: A multi-disciplinary introduction. (pp. 8). Abingdon, UK: Routledge.
Sheppard, L., & Barry, M. (2014). Work-related risk factors for tenosynovitis. Wellington, New Zealand: Accident Compensation Corporation. 35p. Retrieved from https://www.acc.co.nz/