Monday 27 July 2020 3:09pm
A number of staff and students from the Department were recognised at the University of Otago, Christchurch Academic Awards Ceremony held in the Rolleston Lecture Theatre last week.
Members of the Department were recipents of a UOC Research Gold Medal, UOC Value Awards, UOC teaching awards and CSMA teaching awards which are voted for by the medical students.
Our 2020 award winners
UOC Research Gold Medal
- Associate Professor Chris Florkowski (Clinical Chemistry)
UOC Value Awards
- Professor David Murdoch (The Infection Group and Dean of Campus
- Dr Andrew Das (Centre for Free Radical Research) – Acknowledgement of Collaboration for the high importance he places on mentoring and guiding students.
- Alice Milnes (Administrator) – Acknowledgement of Collaboration for the key role she has played in maintaining the successful functioning of the Department of Pathology & Biomedical Science during the transition to the new shared services model.
- Linda Buss (Mackenzie Cancer Research Group) – Acknowledgement of Leadership for her work as President of the 2019 PSOC Committee.
- Roshit Bothara (ex-BMedSc(Hons) student) – Acknowledgement of Social Accountability for his energy, development and evaluation behind the global health classroom - an educational activity designed to promote understanding between students from different countries (Samoa, Fiji, Mexico) on health issues and health systems; while ensuring reciprocity and mutual benefit for both parties.
UOC Teaching Awards
- Dr Rosemary Ikram (Microbiology)
- Dr Sean MacPherson (Haematology)
- Dr Sarah Metcalf (Infectious Diseases)
- Dr Alastair Murray (Anatomical Pathology)
Christchurch Medical Student Assoc. Teaching Awards
- CMSA Best Vertical Module Fourth Year Class – Haematology (Sean MacPherson)
- CMSA Best Vertical Module Teacher Fourth Year Class – Sean MacPherson
- CMSA Best Vertical Module Teacher Fifth Year Class – Sean MacPherson