The UOC Research Seminar Series is held every Thursday morning from 11.00am during the academic year.
The next UOC Research Seminar
|Date||Thursday 3 June 2021, 11.00am|
|Venue||Rolleston Lecture Theatre and Zoom|
|Seminar title||Common IP issues|
|Affiliation||Research and Enterprise, University of Otago|
Join the UOC Research Seminar Series email list
Seminar notices and reminders are emailed weekly. If you would like to receive these seminar notifications, contact:
UOC Research Seminar recordings
When we have permission from the presenter(s), we are recording their seminar so those unable to attend can access them. All available recordings are listed here:
Nutrition in medicine: to C or not to C (what the clinical trials are telling us)
Members of the Nutrition in Medicine Group - Associate Professor Anitra Carr, Dr Patrice Rosengrave and Dr Emma Spencer - presented at the UOC Research Seminar Series on 27 May 2021.
Presentations from PhD candidates at the UOC
Three PhD candidates presented at the seminar series on Thursday 15 April 2021: Hamish Farquhar (Medicine) presented on rheumatoid interstitial lung disease in Canterbury; Xihua Lian (Pathology and Biomedical Science discussed the application of MARS spectral CT in diagnosing invasive aspergillosis in mice; and Cassie Stylianou presented on rare copy number variants and endometrial cancer risk.
Environmental Monitoring Using eDNA
Dr Lara Urban from the Gemmell Laboratory, Department of Anatomy, University of Otago presented via Zoom on Thursday 8 April 2021.
RNA sequencing of non-coding RNAs in ischaemic heart disease
PhD candidate Zoe Ward from the Christchurch Heart Institute, Department of Medicine gave her exit seminar on Thursday 18 March.
Decoding GWAS loci and translating the variome of the Pacific
Dr Megan Leask from the Department of Biochemistry, University of Otago presented on Thursday 4 March.
2020 UOC Research Seminar recordings
- Dr Tamara Glyn, IBD associate neoplasia (9 November)
- Dr Andrew Das, Ascorbate and the potential for targeted therapy in myeloid leukaemia: From epigenetic mechanisms to clinical trial design (12 October)
- Presentations from PhD candidates at UOC - Mark Holdaway and Jaslyn Kee (14 September)
- Dr Catherine Wall, Medical nutrition therapy for Crohn’s disease (3 August)
- Dr Bee Bathish, Peroxidasin: cross-linking collagen IV and beyond (27 July)
- Dr Rebekah Crake, Local and systemic effects of adipocyte-secreted factors in breast cancer (20 July)
- Dr Khoon Lim, Harnessing macromolecular chemistry to engineer blood vessels (29 June)
- Dr Cen Liau, Application of second and third generation sequencing in pharmacogenetics (22 June)
- Dr Abel Ang, Ascorbate and monocytes in the context of the tumour microenvironment (18 May)
- Presentations from PhD candidates in Pathology and Biomedical Science, UOC - Heather Shearer, Oscar Graham and Eve van Leeuwen (28 April)
- Blake Highet, FISHing for housekeeping gene changes in Alzheimer's disease (20 April)
- Dr Christoph Goebl, Protein amyloids and cancer (14 April)