Thinking about postgraduate study in public health?
Join our virtual information sessions to find out about postgraduate programmes available at our Christchurch campus. Hear from our teaching staff and students to discover where a career in public health can take you.
Tuesday 10th November – 6.30pm: Register in advance for this meeting
Wednesday 11th November – 12.30pm: Register in advance for this meeting
Our department is proud to offer outstanding opportunities for postgraduate study and research in public health.
Public health addresses some of the biggest challenges facing our society and tackles questions such as:
- How do we promote equity and social justice in health outcomes?
- What are the likely impacts of climate change on health and what can we do about them?
- How can we address the high prevalence of preventable diseases such as heart disease and some cancers?
- How can we enable equitable access to health care?
- What does societal wellbeing mean and what does a healthy society look like?
Regardless of which aspect of public health interests you, it is a field in which you will make a difference.
Together, we can shape the future of Aotearoa, ensuring a healthy environment, people, and communities.
Study public health
Our department offers postgraduate programmes that cover a range of disciplines, including Hauora Māori, societal structures and health, healthy public policy, epidemiology, health promotion, environmental health, and health systems.
Our teaching is underpinned by the harakeke strategy, which ensures Māori values are directly addressed throughout the programme.
Research in the Department of Population Health
Our researchers work on many important public health issues, both here in New Zealand and around the world. Follow the links below to learn more about our published research and staff expertise.