Mental Health Nursing
Dave Carlyle's interests are around advanced mental health nursing practice, case management and the development of contemporary care programmes for those with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD).
His area of research is focussed on the application of Mentalization Based Treatment (psychotherapy) in conjunction with standard psychiatric treatment in the care of those with BPD. He also maintains an interest in the social context of mental health nursing and discourse analysis.
Contact Dave Carlyle
National Addiction Centre
- The use of drinking guidelines by general practitioners
- The abstinence vs moderation paradigm in the treatment of obesity
- Can epiphanies be manufactured pharmacologically in the treatment of addiction?
- Co-existing addiction and mental health problems
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy in the treatment of Addiction
- Behavioural Addictions
- Cannabis use disorders and brief interventions
- The NEEDN”T Food Study
- Consumer Recovery in Opioid Substitution Treatment
Contact Simon Adamson