Thursday 6 July 2017 11:00am
Seven staff and students from the Centre for Free Radical Research presented at the New Zealand Branch of the Australasian Society for Immunology (NZASI) Conference held at the University of Otago, Christchurch on 3-5 July 2017.
Oral presentations were made by:
- Professor Mark Hampton - Redox signalling and the regulation of immune cell life and death
- Dr Heather Parker - Oxidant-dependent steps in the formation of neutrophil extracellular traps
- Dr Louisa Forbes - Bacterial resistance to neutrophil-derived oxidants
- Dr Andree Pearson - Assessment of mitochondrial metabolism in immune cells
- Dr Anitra Carr - Can vitamin C aid immune function in sepsis?
- Professor Margreet Vissers - An altered cell death pathway for neutrophils in a hypoxic environment
- Teagan Hoskin - Calprotectin is sensitive to oxidants generated by myeloperoxidase
Professor Mark Hampton was also on the conference organizing committee. Almost 100 delegates from around New Zealand and Australia attended the event.