The Clinical Pharmacology Research Group includes staff from the Clinical Pharmacology Department at Christchurch Hospital, the Drug Information Service and Drug Utilisation Review Service.
The main research focus for the group is on the clinical application of pharmacology knowledge.
- especially related to effects of genetic polymorphism on incidence of adverse effects
- Drug metabolism in the elderly
- Drug use in pregnancy and lactation
- Antibiotic dosing regimens
- especially for the aminoglycosides w
- Phase III drug trials of gastroenterology drugs
- Provision of drug information
- Adverse drug reactions
- Thiopurine drugs