A summer programme for future health researchers
The University of Otago, Christchurch’s Future Health Researcher programme provides an opportunity for undergraduate students to explore potential career options in health research over the summer period.
Over eight or ten weeks, our future health researchers are immersed in a research environment with a clinical, biomedical, or public health focus to learn the role, influence and impact of health research on the heath workforce, initiatives and outcomes in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The Future Health Researcher programme allows students to work side by side with world class researchers and postgraduate students, and includes weekly seminars/workshops, networking opportunities.
The University of Otago, Christchurch is grateful to all sponsors to the 2022 Future Health Researchers programme.
- Age Concern Canterbury Inc
- Age Concern Canterbury Trust
- Bone Marrow Cancer Research Trust
- Cancer Society
- Canterbury Education and Research Trust for the Health of older persons
- Canterbury Orthopaedic Service Surgical
- Canterbury Urology Research Trust
- Diabetes Christchurch
- Diabetes New Zealand Research Foundation
- GRACI – The Gynaecological Cancer Research Trust
- Heart Foundation
- Infectious Diseases Research Platform / ESR Science for Communities
- Maurice and Phyllis Paykel Trust
- New Zealand Society for the Study of Diabetes
- Pegasus Health (Charitable) Ltd
- Ruth Spearing Cancer Research
- Te Whatu Ora, National Public Health Service (Health Promotion)
- The Freemasons Charity
Tel +64 3 364 0590