- Sio S, Puthia MK, Lu J, Moochhala S, and Bhatia M. The neuropeptide substance P is a critical mediator of burn-induced acute lung injury. J Immunol. 2008; 180: 8333-8341.
- Zhang H, Moochhala S, and Bhatia M. Endogenous hydrogen sulfide regulates inflammatory response by activating the extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) pathway in polymicrobial sepsis. J Immunol. 2008; 181: 4320-4331.
- Bhatia M, Sidhapuriwala J, Ng SW, Tamizhselvi R, and Moochhala S. Proinflammatory effects of hydrogen sulfide on substance P in caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis. J Cell Mol Med. 2008; 12: 580-590.
- Ramnath RD, Sun J, and Bhatia M. Effect of Ca2+ on chemokine synthesis induced by substance P in pancreatic acinar cells. Br J Pharmacol. 2008; 154:1339-1348.
- Cao Y, Adhikari S, Clément MV, Wallig M, and Bhatia M. Induction of apoptosis by crambene protects mice against acute pancreatitis via anti-inflammatory pathways. Am J Pathol. 2007; 170: 1521-1534.
- Hegde A, Zhang H, Moochhala S, and Bhatia M. Neurokinin-1 receptor antagonist treatment protects mice against lung injury in polymicrobial sepsis. J Leuk Biol. 2007; 82: 678–685.
- Zhang H, Hegde A, Ng SW, Adhikari S, Moochhala SM, and Bhatia M. Hydrogen sulfide up-regulates substance P in polymicrobial sepsis associated Lung Injury. J Immunol. 2007; 179: 4153-4160 .
- Tamizhselvi R, Moore PK, and Bhatia M. Hydrogen sulfide acts as a mediator of inflammation in acute pancreatitis: in vitro studies using isolated mouse pancreatic acinar cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2007; 11: 315-326.
- Bhatia M, and Hegde A. Treatment with Antileukinate, a CXCR2 chemokine receptor antagonist, protects mice against acute pancreatitis and associated lung injury. Regul Pept. 2007; 138: 40-48.
- Zhi L, Ang AD, Zhang H, Moore PK, and Bhatia M. Hydrogen sulfide induces the synthesis of pro-inflammatory cytokines in human monocyte cell line U937 via ERK-NF?B pathway. J Leuk Biol. 2007; 81: 1322–1332.
- Puneet P, Hegde A, Ng SW, Lau HY, Lu J, Moochhala S, and Bhatia M. Preprotachykinin-A gene products are key mediators of lung injury in polymicrobial sepsis. J Immunol. 2006; 176: 3813-3820.
- Lau HY, and Bhatia M. Effect of CP96,345 on the expression of tachykinins and neurokinin receptors in acute pancreatitis. J Pathol. 2006; 208: 364-371.
- Bhatia M, Wong FL, Fu D, Lau HY, Moochhala S, and Moore PK. Role of hydrogen sulfide in acute pancreatitis and associated lung injury. FASEB J. 2005; 19: 623-625.
- *Bhatia M, Wong FL, Cao Y, Lau HY, Huang J, Puneet P, and Chevali L. Pathophysiology of acute pancreatitis. Pancreatology 2005; 5:132-144.
- Bhatia M, Ramnath RD, Chevali L, and Guglielmotti A. Treatment with Bindarit, a blocker of MCP-1 synthesis, protects mice against acute pancreatitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2005; 288: G1259-G1265.
- *Bhatia M. Hydrogen sulfide as a vasodilator. IUBMB Life. 2005; 57: 603-606.
- Bhatia M, Sidhapuriwala J, Moochhala S, and Moore PK. Hydrogen sulphide is a mediator of carrageenan-induced hindpaw oedema in the rat. Br J Pharmacol. 2005; 145:141-144.
- *Bhatia, M. Apoptosis versus Necrosis in Acute Pancreatitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2004; 286: G189-196.
- *Bhatia, M, and Moochhala S. Role of inflammatory mediators in the pathophysiology of acute respiratory distress syndrome. J Path. 2004; 202: 145-156.
- *Moore, PK, Bhatia, M, and Moochhala, S. Hydrogen sulphide: from the smell of the past to the mediator of the future? Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2003; 24: 609-611.
- Bhatia, M, Saluja, AK, Hofbauer, B, Lee, H-S, Frossard, J-L, Castagliuolo, I, Wang, C-C, Gerard, N, Pothoulakis, C, and Steer, ML. Role of NK1 receptor in the development of acute pancreatitis and pancreatitis-associated lung injury. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1998; 95: 4760-4765.
* Invited Articles by Editor of Journal