- Sio S, Lu J, Moochhala S, and Bhatia M. Early protection from burn-induced acute lung injury by deletion of preprotachykinin-A gene. Am J Resp Crit Care Med. 2010; 181: 36-46.
- Ang SF, Moochhala S, and Bhatia M. Hydrogen sulfide promotes transient receptor potential vanilloid 1-mediated neurogenic inflammation in polymicrobial sepsis. Crit Care Med. 2010; 38: 619-628.
- 3. Hegde A, Uttamchandani M, Moochhala SM, and Bhatia M. Plasma cytokine profiles in preprotachykinin-A knockout mice subjected to polymicrobial sepsis. Mol Med. 2010; 16: 45-52.
- Koh YH, Tamizhselvi R, and Bhatia M. ERK1/2 and JNK, through NF-B and AP-1, contribute to caerulein induced expression of substance P and neurokinin-1-receptors in pancreatic acinar cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010; 332: 940-948.
- *Bhatia M. Hydrogen sulfide and substance P in inflammation. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2010; 12: 1191-1202.
- Hegde A, Tamizhselvi R, Manikandan J, Melendez AJ, Moochhala SM, and Bhatia M. Substance P in polymicrobial sepsis: molecular fingerprint of lung injury in preprotachykinin-A-/- mice. Mol Med. 2010; 16: 188-198.
- Tamizhselvi R, Koh YH, Sun J, Zhang H, and Bhatia M. Hydrogen sulfide-induces ICAM-1 expression and neutrophil adhesion to caerulein treated pancreatic acinar cells through NF-B and Src-family kinases pathway. Exp Cell Res. 2010; 316: 1625-1636.
- *Shanmugam MK, and Bhatia M. The role of pro-inflammatory molecules and pharmacological agents in acute pancreatitis and sepsis. Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets. 2010; 9: 20-31.
- *Frossard JL, and Bhatia M. Inflammatory proteins as prognostic markers in acute pancreatitis. 'Clinical Update on Inflammatory Disorders of the GI Tract (Ed. J Mayerle and H Tilg' in the book series Frontiers in Gastrointestinal Research (Ser. Ed. M Lerch). 2010; 26: 146-156.
- Zhang J, Sio SW, Moochhala S, and Bhatia M. Role of hydrogen sulfide in severe burn injury-induced inflammation in the mouse. Mol Med. 2010; 16: 417-424.
- Sowmya S, Swathi S, Yeo AL, Shoon ML, Moore PK, and Bhatia M. Hydrogen sulfide: regulatory role on blood pressure in hyperhomocysteinemia. Vasc Pharmacol. 2010; 53: 138-143.
- *Shrivastava P, and Bhatia M. Essential role of monocytes and macrophages in the progression of acute pancreatitis. World J Gastroenterol. 2010; 16: 3995-4002.
- Hegde A, Koh YH, Moochhala SM, and Bhatia M. Neurokinin-1 receptor antagonist treatment in polymicrobial sepsis: molecular insights. Int J Inflamm. 2010; 2010: Article ID 601098.
- Ramnath RD, Sun J, and Bhatia M. PKC-δ mediates pro-inflammatory responses in a mouse model of caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis. J Mol Med. 2010; 88: 1055-1063.
- Sio SW, Ang SF, Lu J, Moochhala S, and Bhatia M. Substance P up-regulates cyclooxygenase-2 and prostaglandin E metabolite by activating ERK1/2 and NF-κB in a mouse model of burn-induced remote acute lung injury. J Immunol. 2010; 185: 6265-6276.
- Barreto SG, Jardine D, Phillips P, Bhatia M, and Saccone GT. Can by-products in ‘country-made’ alcohols induce acute pancreatitis? Pancreas. 2010; 39:1199-1204.
- Sidhapuriwala J, Ng SW, and Bhatia M. Effects of hydrogen sulfide on inflammation in caerulein-induced acute pancreatitis. J Inflamm. 2009; 6:35.
- *Bhatia M. Acute pancreatitis as a model of SIRS. Front Biosci. (Animals in SIRS Research Ed. Bhatia M. (a Special Issue of Encyclopedia of Bioscience, published by Frontiers in Bioscience)) 2009; 14: 2042-2050.
- *Bhatia M, He M, Zhang H, and Moochhala S. Sepsis as a model of SIRS. Front Biosci. (Animals in SIRS Research Ed. Bhatia M. (a Special Issue of Encyclopedia of Bioscience, published by Frontiers in Bioscience)) 2009; 14: 4703-4711.
- Ramnath RD, Sun J, and Bhatia M. Involvement of SRC family kinases in substance P-induced chemokine production in mouse pancreatic acinar cells, and its significance in acute pancreatitis. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009; 329: 418-428.
- Tamizhselvi R, Sun J, Hua KY, and Bhatia M. Effect of hydrogen sulfide on PI3K-AKT pathway and on caerulein- induced cytokine production in isolated mouse pancreatic acinar cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009; 329: 1166-1177.
- Sun J, Ramnath RD, Ramasamy T, and Bhatia M. PKC and PI3K-Akt pathways are involved in substance P-induced ERK1/2-NF-?B activation and chemokine expression in mouse macrophages. FASEB J. 2009; 23: 997-1010.
- Ang AD, Adhikari S, Ng SW, and Bhatia M. The expression of NOS isoforms and nitric oxide production in acute pancreatitis and associated lung injury. Pancreatology. 2009; 9:150-159.
- He M, Moochhala S, and Bhatia M. Administration of exogenous fractalkine, a CX3C chemokine, is capable of modulating inflammatory response in cecal ligation and puncture-induced sepsis. Shock. 2009; 31:33-39.
* Invited Articles by Editor of Journal