This research group covers both maternal and fetal health and outcome.
Ongoing data is collected for both the
- Fetal Medicine clinical unit which reviews women with complicated fetal problems or those at risk for them
- Maternal Medical clinic where women attend with underlying medical problems.
This enables not only audit, but followup of specific cases.
Obstetric Participation in Multicentre Clinical Trials
- APTS Australian Placental Transfusion Study (Sydney)
- MAGENTA Magnesium Sulphate at 30 to 34 weeks gestational age: Neuroprotection (Adelaide)
- MAGNUM MRI investigation at term for MAGENTA recruits (Auckland)
- STRIDER A randomised controlled trial of sildenafil therapy in dismal prognosis early onset intrauterine growth restriction (Auckland)
- TARGET Optimal Glycaemic targets for Gestational Diabetes (Auckland)
- PINTO Pre diabetes in pregnancy, can early intervention improve outcomes (Christchurch)
- RSV vaccine in pregnancy study: "Does Respiratory Syncytial Virus vaccine in pregnancy protect babies against lung disease?" (USA)
- MBM My Baby Movements Trial. (Brisbane)
Members of Group
- Dr Jo Gullam (Head of Department and Senior Joint Clinical Lecturer)
- Dr Rosemary Reid (Senior Lecturer)
- Dr Ruth Hughes