UOC/CDHB Research and Development Manager
Rebecca is available Monday to Friday
She oversees developing research in the University of Otago, Christchurch and the Canterbury District Health Board and the running of the combined research office.
She supports the function of the Research Advisors to meet and assist researchers individually with their work. Any issues within the Research Office that require escalation come to Rebecca.
Rebecca is focused on
- Risk mitigation
- Strategic and process improvements
- Ethics queries
- Networking of researchers and funders
- Developing our research abilities and culture
Rebecca also manages the Summer Studentship programme, is secretary for the UOC and CDHB research committees and is active in the area of research management in DHBs and Clinical Trials throughout New Zealand.
- Senior Research Officer AUT National Institute of Public and Mental Health
- Co-ordinator AUT Centre for Gambling and Addictions Research
- Project Manager The University of Auckland Graduate School of Business
- Operations Manager Royal Foundation of the Blind, Guide Dog Services
- A continued active interest in behaviour and genetics research with international collaborators. Currently canine hereditary diseases.
Rebecca is settling back into Christchurch life with a young family after 15 years away.
Her interests include ballroom and Latin American dancing, drawing, dog showing, field trials and breeding