Do you know if your research involves the CDHB?
If you are:
- Recruiting CDHB patients?
- Collaborating with CDHB staff?
- Using CDHB clinics or staff?
- Accessing data held by the CDHB or patient records?
- Using facilities, buildings or space of the CDHB?
How to get Locality Authorisation (LA)
- You must complete the correct LA form
- The correct LA form will be sent to you based on information you provided with the New Project Registration form
- You must provide all supporting documentation and signatures when you submit the LA form that was provided by the Research Office
- If you use the incorrect form you will be provided the correct form to complete and submit. Incorrect forms will not be processed.
Locality Authorisation requests are usually processed within 5 working days from when you’ve submitted the correct documentation. This will vary pending workload. If there is a genuine urgency, explain this once you have registered the project.
Requirements for approval
Ethics is required:
- HDEC approval or HDEC accredited ethics committee approval
- Out of scope projects may require additional approvals
Privacy of health information and research data must be considered.
- Privacy Impact Report may be required.
Pharmaceuticals must be registered with SCOTT for Clinical Trials
- Insurance - commercial work requires NZ$10m
- Indemnities - professional indemnity, personal indemnity and compensation
- Contracts - the CDHB has set delegations of authority as to whom can sign on behalf of the institution
The CDHB is a crown entity and thus has specific laws it must follow under the crown entities act 2004.
The CDHB Culture
The CDHB has a process for institutional approval for all research.
This requires approval from all:
- Local Clinical Director(s), Service Manager(s) and/or Department Managers
- Legal, Finance, Safety
There is then the agreement required of the General Managers.
Maori consultation is expected for all research.
- TKW (Te Komiti Whakarite) is required for consultation or notification.
- TKW is also the link to the Māori Health Workers.
Transparency of costs and benefits.
The advisors can advise in the area as the following things can be covered:
- Costs – consumables, salaries, opportunity
- Benefits – knowledge, drugs
- Staffing costs, time only staffing
- Overhead requirements
Project tracker info (correct as of 6 July 2018)
This PDF show the status of projects currently in the Approval process.
Check the PDF to see:
- Whether you have provided all the necessary documentation
- What stage of the process your application is