How the research office can help
- Offer guidance on grant availability.
- Liaise with funders to check suitability, policy and procedure.
- Guide researchers on consultation with Maori pre grant writing for methodology.
- Liaise with Research Offices at collaborating institutions.
- Proof read and check against funding guidelines.
- Gain institutional authorisations on applications.
- Submit applications to funders in appropriate format.
- Offer advice and liaise with CDHB legal team on any IP issues that may arise.
Help to get correct costings for:
- CDHB staff time, yours and named investigators within the CDHB. Check what the funding can and can’t cover in terms of salary related costs.
- Staff time from other institutions via institutional research offices.
- Other consumables and non-salary related costs. .
Memorandums of Understanding and Subcontracting
- Some funders require MOUs to be set up and authorised with collaborating institutions.
- Once successful subcontracting may need to be put in place with other institutions.