The Simulation Suite is realistically outfitted to resemble the Christchurch Hospital Emergency Department but can also be configured to resemble an ICU or an operating theatre, with capacity for 12 people.
- SimMan 3G Wireless Human Simulator (see capabilities here)
- AV equipment including two Pan Tilt Zoom cameras, one room camera and audio-recording
- Two desktop computers
- Functional wall ‘oxygen’ (medical air)
- Airway trolley
- IV trolley and stand
- Catheter trolley
- ECG machine
- Two phones, one with wireless handset
- Emergency patient trolley (bed)
- Hand basin
- Lockable drug cabinet
- Resuscitation trolley and working defibrillator
The simulation environment consists of an adjacent control room with a one-way mirror for operating the AV equipment and controlling the simulators.