The University of Otago, Christchurch Simulation Centre (UOCSC) is a modern healthcare training facility designed to support educational activities that utilise simulation-based learning.
The Centre is equipped to host a wide range of teaching activities with dedicated teaching spaces which aim to simulate health care environments and a range of educational equipment including models, manikins and the human simulator SimMan3G.
Rooms can be hired ‘as is’ or set-up with specific equipment.
- Tutorial Room - This room is suitable for seminars and debriefing sessions accommodating 20 people.
- Consultation Room - This room is arranged to resemble a general practice or outpatient room and has capacity for 12 people.
- Hospital Ward - This room simulates a two-bed hospital ward and has a room capacity of 12 people.
- Training Room - This space is suitable for teaching a wide range of procedural skills for groups of up to 20 people.
- Simulation Suite & Control Room - The Simulation Suite is realistically outfitted to resemble the Christchurch Hospital Emergency Department but can also be configured to resemble an ICU or an operating theatre, with capacity for 12 people.
- Floorplan (122KB) of Simulation Centre showing room layouts and capacity.
The Centre has disabled access and facilities. Please advise in advance if required.
The Centre can be used by those wishing to run their activity independently or by those who wish to work with our staff.