The UOC Simulation Centre is holding its Simulation Instructor Training Workshop on Wednesday 5th, Thursday 6th and Friday 7th June 2019.
Places are limited to 20 participants, on a ‘first-in’ basis. Your place is not confirmed until payment in full has been recieved.
Registrations are now closed. However, expressions of interest can still be emailed to email@example.com
Names will be added to a wait-list for 2019 and also to our 2020 interested participants list.
|Dates||Wednesday 5 June 2019 to Friday 7 June 2019|
|Time||5 June 10:30am–4.30pm, 6–7 June 8:30am–4:30pm|
|Venue||University of Otago, Christchurch Simulation Centre, 72 Oxford Terrace, Christchurch|
|Facilitators||The UOC Simulation Centre team and invited facilitators.|
|Open to|| |
Health professionals with an interest in simulation-based education - all disciplines.
Focus and format of the workshop
- educational underpinnings of simulation-based education
- principles and practice of scenario writing
- best practice in SBE
- approaches to debriefing
- orientation to the human simulators SimMan3G / SimJunior and the simulation environment
- developing a scenario
- running and participating in scenarios
- debriefing a scenario
- reviewing debriefing practice (debriefing the debrief)