Instructor training workshop
The UOC Simulation Centre are holding a two-day Simulation Instructor Training Workshop on Thursday 28th & Friday 29th June 2018.
Places are limited to 16 participants, on a "first-in" basis. Your place is not confirmed until payment in full has been recieved.
|Dates||Thursday 28th & Friday 29th June 2018|
|Time||8:30am to 4:30pm|
|Venue||University of Otago, Christchurch Simulation Centre, 72 Oxford Terrace, Christchurch|
|Facilitators||The UOC Simulation Centre team and invited facilitators.|
|Open to|| |
Health professionals with an interest in simulation-based education - all disciplines.
|Cost||$1,200 + GST including catering. 50% discount available for University of Otago staff.|
Focus and format of the workshop
- Presentations and discussions on underlying theory including:
- Educational underpinnings of simulation;
- Principles and practice of scenario writing;
- Best practise in SBE
- Approaches to debriefing
- Group activities including:
- Orientation to human simulators SimMan3G, SimJunior and the simulation environment
- Developing a scenario
- Running and participating in scenarios
- Debriefing a scenario
- Debriefing the debrief