The Christchurch Doctors
The Christchurch Doctors provide a General Practice service to medical students at the University of Otago, Christchurch.
- When making an appointment, you must indicate that you are a medical student patient and also which doctor you wish to see.
- The arrangements with The Christchurch Doctors follow negotiation with CMSA and are covered in the Student Services Fee
Other General Practitioners
Other General Practitioners may be used on a case by case basis with approval by the Associate Dean (Student Affairs), Assoc Prof Jan McKenzie.
Community Services Card
- Application forms for a community services card are available at the practice or from Carol Milnes.
- International students are not eligible for a community services card and should request a receipt and lodge a claim with their health insurer.
The following services will not be subsidised by the UOC but are available from the health centre:
- House calls and after hours Diving medical assessment
- Diving medical assessment
- Insurance report
- Immigration medical
- Insurance medical
- Well person checks
- Depo Provera injection
- IUD insertion
- Wart removal.
CDHB Occupational Health run a free flu vaccination programme in March/April – times/venues are advertised around the hospitals.
Rural Medical Immersion Programme
UOC 5th year, Rural Medical Immersion Programme students can access their local GP and fees are covered by University of Otago, Christchurch and the Programme.
UOC will cover the cost of treatment similar to the arrangements for Christchurch students.
GP services are available at Nelson East Family Medical Centre