Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences (PGDipHealSc)Apply Now
- Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences (PGDipHealSc) through the Christchurch campus in 2021
- Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences (PGDipHealSc) through the Dunedin campus in 2021
- Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences (PGDipHealSc) through the Wellington campus in 2021
A Postgraduate Diploma comprising 120 points suitable for health professionals currently working in an area related to musculoskeletal management.
Allied health professionals involved in the care, management and rehabilitation of patients with musculoskeletal and pain problems, such as physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nurses, podiatrists, chiropractors, and osteopaths would find this qualification of particular interest.
The Postgraduate Diploma may be completed in 2 years of part-time study. Candidates have 4 years to complete the requirements of the qualification.
Those candidates who first complete the Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences endorsed in Musculoskeletal Management are able to apply for an exemption of 60 points in the Postgraduate Diploma thus completing it with four 15 point papers.
Candidates for the PGDipHealSc (Musculoskeletal Management) must
- be a graduate or possess an appropriate health professional qualification requiring at least three years' full-time tertiary study
- have experience of or be currently working in the relevant field of health care
Structure of the Programme
|i Compulsory papers (45 points)|
|ii Further approved papers (75 points)|
|Some recommended papers are : |
Administrator Client Services
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Musculoskeletal Medicine
University of Otago, Christchurch
PO Box 4345, Christchurch, New Zealand
Tel +64 3 364 0469