Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences (PGDipHealSc)Apply Now
- Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences (PGDipHealSc) through the Christchurch campus in 2022
- Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences (PGDipHealSc) through the Dunedin campus in 2022
- Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences (PGDipHealSc) through the Wellington campus in 2022
A Postgraduate Diploma comprising 120 points focussing on pain and pain management. This qualification is designed to present an understanding of the importance of pain to the individual and to society, and how best to optimise its management. It provides candidates with the necessary skills to better understand and manage pain problems that pertain to their particular discipline within health care.
Allied health and medical professionals involved in the care, rehabilitation and management of people experiencing pain problems, such as physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nurses, podiatrists, chiropractors, and osteopaths would find this qualification to be of particular interest.
The Postgraduate Diploma may be completed in 2 years of part-time study. Candidates have 4 years to complete the requirements of the qualification.
Those candidates who first complete the Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences endorsed in Pain and Pain Management are able to apply for an exemption of 60 points in the Postgraduate Diploma thus completing it with four 15 point papers.
Candidates for the PGDipHealSc (Pain and Pain Management) must
- be a graduate or possess an appropriate health professional qualification requiring at least three years' full-time tertiary study
- have experience of or be currently working in the relevant field of health care
Structure of the PGDipHealSc (Pain and Pain Management)
Note: Distance taught
|i Compulsory papers (75 points)|
|ii Further approved papers (45 points)|
|Some recommended papers are: |
Administrator Client Services
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Musculoskeletal Medicine
University of Otago, Christchurch
PO Box 4345, Christchurch, New Zealand
Tel +64 3 364 0469