As a Computer Science Department member (faculty member or student taking papers at 300-level or higher) you will be able to get some free Microsoft Software through Microsoft Imagine (formerly called MSDN Academic Alliance). You can install this on your own computer and do not need to remove it when you finish studying.
If you are using one of our departmental computers, you should use our internal server to download the files as this will keep network charges for both you and the department to a minimum. If you are downloading the product images from a computer outside the department, you will have to get the software over the internet (links are provided elsewhere) as access to our server is restricted to connections from certain specified ip-addresses only.
The software currently available is:
- Visual Studio Enterprise/Community 2017
- Visual Studio for Mac
- Windows 10 Education
- Windows 8.1 Professional
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows Server 2016/2012 R2
- Hyper-V Server 2016/2012 R2
- SQL Server 2017
- Access 2016
- Project 2016
- Visio 2016
- OneNote 2013
There are three stages to getting this software:
- Read the guidelines on usage of the software obtained through Microsoft Imagine which may be found here: Microsoft Imagine student use guidelines. You will need to agree to these when using ELMS.
- Obtain a licence code for each product - login in to the Microsoft Imagine ELMS website here with your departmental user credentials, ie. those you use to login to our departmental computers. Instructions on how to login to, and navigate your way through, the site are available here: Using Elms to get a valid licence code.
- Create your own install CDs/DVDs. Use the instructions given here - How to burn Microsoft Imagine product CD/DVD's), to burn a CD/DVD after you have obtained the image files for the products you want - either by accessing the locally-hosted image files or downloading them from the ELMS website (if you are not using a departmental computer).
If you have any questions or problems, please check our FAQ page to see if the information there will help you. If you cannot find an answer or solution there, then please send an e-mail with your query to the MSDNAA administrator.