The purpose of the Operations Staff Excellence Award is to recognise and celebrate those within the Operations Divisions who are serving the University in an exceptional manner and exemplifying the values specified in the nomination criteria.
- Anyone employed on a permanent or fixed-term contract within the Operations Group of Divisions (Campus and Collegiate Life Services, Campus Development, Health and Safety Compliance, Information Technology Services, Project Management Office, Property Services, Office of Risk, Assurance and Compliance, Shared Services, Office of Sustainability), can nominate a colleague for the Staff Excellence Award.
- The nominee must be employed on a permanent or fixed-term contract within the Operations Group.
- The recipient of the Staff Excellence Award will have made an outstanding contribution to the University of Otago over and above their usual required duties, which aligns with one or more of the following Strategic Themes:
Enabling the University to achieve its vision and mission by making the achievement of Strategic Imperatives possible:
- Provision of Outstanding Campus Environments
- Provision of Outstanding Student Experiences
- Enabling Excellence in Research
- Enabling Excellence in Teaching
- Enabling Strong External Engagement
- Sustaining Capability
- Cementing Otago as a committed local, national and global citizen.
- Engaging with and providing positive outcomes for our students, Academic and Research Divisions, our staff, our services partners, our customers and key stakeholders.
- Providing Outstanding Experiences and customer service for our students, service users and service partners.
- Recognition as an Industry Leader
- Outstanding Teamwork
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Commitment to Sustainable Practices
- Pride in Work and our Work Environment
Nominations can be made by completing the online nomination form:
Directors will be notified of nominations from their Division and confirm that nomination is appropriate for each individual.
The Chief Operating Officer will decide who is awarded the Staff Excellence Award each month; and may decide not to award a Staff Excellence Award.
The recipient of the Operations Staff Excellence Award will receive a letter from the COO acknowledging their nomination and win, with a $50 cinema gift card.