Terms of Reference
- To advise the Senate on policy relating to admission and re-admission of students to undergraduate courses and policy governing progress of students in undergraduate courses and the conferring of undergraduate awards.
- To monitor all changes to first degree regulations.
- To advise the Senate on any new undergraduate proposals.
- To consider and report on any matter concerning undergraduate studies referred to it by the Senate or the Vice-Chancellor.
- To advise Senate on any academic pre-university or university preparation qualifications offered by Foundation Studies Ltd.
|Composition of the Board||Member||Expiry date (if applicable)|
|Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) (Convener)||Professor Helen Nicholson||Ex-officio|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Commerce||Associate Professor Richard Greatbanks||Ex-officio (appointed by the PVC)|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Health Sciences|| |
Professor Lois Surgenor
|Ex-officio (appointed by the PVC)|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Humanities||Associate Professor Simone Marshall||Ex-officio (appointed by the PVC)|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor (or nominee) of the Division of Sciences||Professor Janice Murray||Ex-officio (appointed by the PVC)|
|Director International||Mr Jason Cushen||Ex-officio|
|Two members appointed by Senate||Ms Jennifer Haugh||December 2022|
|Professor Christian Hulbe||December 2022|
|Head of Department (or nominee) of the Higher Education Development Centre||Dr Julie Timmermans||Ex-officio|
|Director, Distance Learning||Dr Sarah Stein||Ex-officio|
|Director, Quality Advancement Unit||Ms Margaret Morgan||Ex-officio|
|University representative on the Committee on University Academic Programmes (CUAP)||Professor Tim Cooper||Ex-officio|
|Student member nominated by the Executive of OUSA||Mr Michael Evans||December 2021|
|Specialist Academic Committees and Services (supports the Board)||Matt Angelfirstname.lastname@example.org|
The Board has the power to co-opt as required.
Meeting dates for 2021
|BUGS Meeting dates, Wednesdays at 2:00pm (except Friday 9 April 2021 at 2:00pm)||Deadline for submission|
|3 February||25 January|
|3 March||22 February|
|9 April||29 March|
|5 May||27 April (due to observance of ANZAC Day)|
|2 June||24 May|
|7 July||28 June|
|4 August||26 July|
|1 September||23 August|
|6 October||27 September|
|3 November||26 October (due to Labour Day)|
- April Meetings of BUGS/BoGS Round One CUAP Deadline for new qualification/major subject/endorsement/major amendments (for following academic year)
- April Meetings of BUGS/BoGS deadline for inclusion in Guide to Enrolment for following academic year
- June Meetings of BUGS/BoGS deadline for new papers and amendments for the following academic year
- July Meeting of BUGS/BoGS Round two CUAP Deadline for new qualification/major subject/endorsement/major amendments (normally it is not possible to introduce a new programme/major amendments in Round 2 for the following academic year)