Terms of Reference
- To make recommendations to the Council on Campus Master Plans, and related matters pertaining to the physical design, development and maintenance of the University including campus landscaping elements.
- To make recommendations to the Council on all capital proposals and projects with proposed expenditure over $2.5 million, considering the robustness of presented business cases, alignment with University strategy and plans; affordability; and consequential implications for the University's overall capital programme.
- To make recommendations to the Council on the disposal of land and buildings, or any other asset with a value of over $2.5 million.
- To make recommendations to the Council on substantive amendments to the Project Governance Framework and Business Case Framework.
- To have oversight of processes for the prioritisation and selection of capital projects, including building and IT projects.
- To receive progress reports on approved capital projects, including post-implementation reviews.
- To have oversight of the membership of Project Steering Committees for capital projects approved by the Committee.
- To provide advice on any other matters which University management escalates to the Committee, and which pertain to the University's capital programme or projects.
(Last updated 9 March 2021)
- The Vice-Chancellor
- The Chancellor
- 3 members of the Council
- 3 members of the Academic Staff (appointed after consultation with Pro-Vice-Chancellors)
- The Chief Operating Officer
- The Chief Financial Officer
- Director, Property Services
- Director, Campus Development
- Director, Information Technology Services
- Director, Transformation and Improvement
- Registrar & Secretary to the Council (Secretary)
Campus Planning and Design Sub-Committee
The Campus Planning and Design Sub-Committee is a sub-committee of the Capital Development Committee.
Vice-Chancellor (Convenor) or nominee
Chief Operating Officer
Director of Property Services
Up to 3 members of the community (for their expertise)