The Scholarships and Prizes Committee is a sub-committee of Senate, with oversight of University scholarships and Prizes.
Terms of Reference
- To provide leadership and strategic advice on matters related to scholarships and prizes;
- To submit such recommendations as it deems necessary to the Senate on policy and rules relating to the award of scholarships and prizes in the University, including proposals for new or amended scholarships and prizes;
- To approve the award of University scholarships and prizes as delegated;
- To recommend the award of other such scholarships and prizes as may be entrusted to it;
- To provide oversight of the scholarship and prize programmes at the University of Otago, including monitoring of the allocation of funds;
- To monitor candidates awarded University of Otago scholarships and grant approvals or make other decisions as are permitted by the regulations for such scholarships;
- To select candidates for nomination for national external scholarships;
- To report an annual list of scholarships and prizes to Senate;
- To delegate its functions as appropriate.
|Professor Richard Blaikie (Convenor)||DVC (Research and Enterprise)||email@example.com|
|Professor Vernon Squire||DVC (Academic)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Professor Helen Nicholson||DVC (External Engagement)||email@example.com|
|Professor Robin Gauld||PVC, Division of Commerce and Dean Otago Business Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Professor Paul Brunton||PVC, Division of Health Sciencesemail@example.com|
|Professor Tony Ballantyne||PVC, Division of Humanitiesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Professor Richard Barker||PVC, Division of Sciencesemail@example.com|
|Professor Rachel Spronken-Smith||Dean, Graduate Research Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Robin Quigg||Manager, Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships, |
Division of External Engagement
|Peter Boston||Manager Postgraduate Scholarships, Prizes and Awards |
Graduate Research School
The University of Otago's representative on the Universities New Zealand Scholarships Committee is Professor Jacinta Ruru.
The Scholarships Committee normally meets three times per year, as required.