The Vice-Chancellor established the Equity Advisory Committee in late 2013 to develop an over-arching understanding of equity matters arising within the University community, identify associated issues and opportunities, and report on these to the Vice Chancellor’s Advisory Group.
• To act as an approved conduit for receiving and reviewing information and initiating next appropriate steps. The purpose of this would be threefold:
- to propose/identify pathways for interested groups, staff and students to raise matters pertaining to equity to the highest levels of the institution without constraint or fear of reprisal;
- for University management to refer equity related audit findings or questions of concern that require further information gathering;
- to support compliance with legislative obligations.
• To raise awareness across the University, form communication channels and document existing equity groups.
• To report annually to the Vice-Chancellor’s Advisory Group. Report to document matters brought to the attention of the equity committee, referral actions/response; trend analysis to be developed if themes present regularly.
• To meet a minimum of three times per year for a two year period. At the end of the two year period a review to be undertaken to ascertain the number and type of enquiries received and to produce a discussion document for VCAG regarding value and possible structure for an equity committee moving forward.
- Division of Commerce representative (nominee of PVC Commerce)
- Division of Health Sciences representative (nominee of PVC Health Sciences)
- Division of Humanities representative (nominee of PVC Humanities)
- Division of Sciences representative (nominee of PVC Sciences)
- Human Resources representative (nominee of HR Director)
- Up to 3 nominees of the Vice-Chancellor and/or Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic and International)
- 1 nominee from the Maori community nominated by the Vice Chancellor and/or Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Representatives co-opted by the Committee to address specific equity issues
Meetings are held approximately four times a year.
|Professor Christina Hulbe (Chair)||School of Surveyingemail@example.com|
|Professor Maree Thyne||Marketingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Professor Rachel Zajac||Psychologyemail@example.com|
|Dr Maria Hook||Faculty of Lawfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Denise Lindsay||Human Resourcesemail@example.com|
|Professor Vivienne Anderson||College of Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jo Gibson||Student Experienceemail@example.com|
|Zoe Bristowe||Māori Health Workforce Development Unitfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joe Llewellyn (Secretary)||Human Resourcesemail@example.com|
|OUSA Welfare Officer|