Terms of Reference
To monitor the application of the Ethical Behaviour Policy and to consider and make recommendations to relevant University staff and groups as to:
- strategies to address emerging and/or ongoing issues relating to the Ethical Behaviour Policy
- ways to promote the Ethical Behaviour Policy throughout the University.
To recommend reviews of the Ethical Behaviour Policy when necessary and to coordinate and participate in those reviews.
To receive and consider regular reports on matters relevant to the Policy, from the University Mediator, the Human Resources Division, the Proctor, the Otago University Students’ Association and the Student Support Centre, and reports on emerging trends or concerns from other members as appropriate.
To discuss any other matter referred to the Committee by Committee members, the Vice-Chancellor or the members of the Senior Leadership Team.
To report annually to the Vice-Chancellor on the efficacy of the Ethical Behaviour Policy, documenting matters brought to the Committee’s attention and providing trend analysis.
(Last updated and approved by the Vice-Chancellor on 16 August 2019)
- A chair appointed by the Vice-Chancellor
- The University Proctor or Deputy Proctor
- The Director of Human Resources or nominee
- The University Mediator
- A nominee of OUSA
- A nominee of the OUSA Student Support Centre
- A nominee of the Tertiary Education Union
- A representative of the Senior Leadership Team
With power to co-opt up to two additional members.
Enquiries may be directed to: