Zoom is a web conferencing solution for online meetings and webinars used by the University of Otago.
"a bit like Skype to use – but with a lot more functions to deliver [online classrooms]" at any time and to almost any one with an internet connection.
Zoom has many useful features to encourage collaboration and learning:
- Group text, audio and video chat
- Ability to share presentations (like Powerpoint)
- Collaborate on a whiteboard
- Conduct polls during your meetings
- Share useful files
Is Zoom for you?
- Have a look at the ITS Desktop Videoconferencing - Zoom webpages if you think it might be – there is a demo video to watch there as well.
Email template to send to participants
When a Zoom "meeting" is set up, you can copy and paste the invitation and email it to students. The invitation includes the Zoom link, making it easy for student's to join the class.