Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree by papers and thesis.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Teaching period||Full Year (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,916.94|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- More information link
- Teaching staff
Course Co-ordinator: Associate Professor Azam Ali
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to
- Employ effective information search strategies
- Undertake a literature review that places the topic within a wider field of knowledge
- Critically analyse a body of knowledge relevant to the research problem in the bioengineering field
- Select, justify and apply appropriate method(s) as the foundation for further investigation
- Analyse, present and discuss findings in the context of the wider field
- Prepare a written report on the project in a manner appropriate to the readership