Internships are arranged for students to work fulltime for up to a year and to engage in critical reflection of their experience. Most internships are expected to be outside the Otago region.
The Internship Practicum will provide interns with the opportunity to work in a business for 6 to 12 months to gain practical workplace experience. The internship will allow you to integrate your classroom learning with the workplace or community organization, enabling your assignments to actively reflect on both theory and practice. Internships provide the opportunity to apply and critique theory and practice learned in the first two years of your BCom degree.
|Paper title||Internship Practicum|
|Points||18 points 18 points 18 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$863.25|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,276.80|
- 90 200-level points passed with an average grade of at least B
- TOUR 307, MANT 370
- Limited to
- Schedule C
- Enrolment requires course approval from the Academic Leader of the Internship Programme, and no other papers may be taken concurrently without his or her approval. Students will not be permitted to enrol in BSNS 301 should completion of the paper coincide with completion of the student's degree.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- Teaching staff
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught via distance learning.
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, scholarship,
communication, critical thinking, cultural understanding, ethics, environmental literacy,
information literacy, research, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- An ability to relate theory and practice to a business situation.