Students work with clients to understand their business and apply course materials to a real business problem. Both the ability to manage the project process and final report are marked.
The CBUS 540 business project is one of the electives and highlights of the Otago MBA programme: a chance to perform on a big stage and gain top-notch networking experience. CBUS 540 is framed as a professional consulting engagement aligned with your career ambition to help you gain access to the right industry, company or professional network.
|Paper title||Professional Consulting Engagement|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (16 January 2023 - 24 April 2023) (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,423.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- BUSI 540
- Limited to
- Only available to students enrolled in the Chinese Language version of the MBA.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
For information on the parallel paper available for the English Language version of the MBA, please see BUSI540
- Teaching staff
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, communication, critical thinking, cultural understanding, ethics, environmental literacy, information literacy, research, self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will:
- Demonstrate the ability to add value to a high-profile business
- Accelerate an existing career or make the transition to a new career
- Gain a self-defining experience and accomplishment they will long remember