Covers advanced topics in macro and/or micro economics.
|Paper title||Topics in Advanced Economics|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,163.90|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- ECON 375 and ECON 377
- Recommended Preparation
- ECON 371 and ECON 376
- Teaching staff
Journal article and textbook readings will be selected that are relevant to the specific Special Topic.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of and an ability to analyse the economic theories and models relevant to the Special Topic
- Demonstrate an understanding of and an ability to interpret the empirical research models relevant to the Special Topic
- Summarise and critique the current literature relating to the Special Topic and explain the place of theoretical models and/or empirical research in that literature using written English