Clinical skills, knowledge and values required in the rural hospital setting for psychiatry, palliative care, and communication with patients in New Zealand’s bicultural and multicultural society.
|Paper title||Reflections in Rural Clinical Practice|
|Teaching period||Semester 1 (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,509.38|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- GENX 723
- Limited to
- PGCertRPHP, PGDipGP, PGDipPHC, PGDipRPHP
Leigh-Ann Moir - Rural PG Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching staff
- Teaching Arrangements
This Distance Learning paper is a combination of remote and in-person teaching
(e.g., students are required to attend an in-person residential/teaching day/block course on a marae).
- Recommended readings supplied
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will demonstrate the clinical skills and knowledge required to work in rural hospitals in the New Zealand bicultural and multicultural context.