Examination of the processes of perceiving and producing speech, including categorical perception, speech development, and their relation to linguistic theory. Includes a research component.
Pyscholinguistics is the study of how our mind and body actually process language. In this paper, we will focus just on speech production and speech perception. LING 415 is cross-levelled with LING 315 so that you will attend lectures and some tutorials together, though the assessments are different. We will have some tutorials only for LING 415 students. Moreover, you will develop your own research project during the last half of the semester.
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,076.55|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,267.52|
- LING 315
- Limited to
- GDipSLT, PGDipArts, BA(Hons)
- Learning Outcomes
- Implement experimental procedures
- Design and conduct original research
- Work in a team to study speech
- Write an original brief scientific article
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of English and Linguistics website
- Teaching staff
- Dr Hunter Hatfield
- Course Reader
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.