The development of specialised performance skills in music through individual tuition and workshops.
Performance students in their third year continue the development of skills appropriate to the performance of music in a traditional recital context. Individual lessons are given, and there are weekly classes and workshops.
|Paper title||Performance 3|
|Teaching period||Full Year (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,282.70|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- MUSI 241 (passed with a grade of at least B-)
- Limited to
- MusB, BPA
- May not be taken in the same year as MUSI348 for MusB or MusB(Hons).
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission . Students must achieve
at least a B- in MUSI241
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
View more information on the School of Performing Arts website
- Teaching staff
Paper Co-ordinator: Professor Terence Dennis
Lecturer Piano: Professor Terence Dennis
Lecturer Voice: Dr Tessa Romano
Lecturer Cello: Dr Heleen DuPlessis
Lecturer Violin: Tessa Petersen
Taonga pūoro: Dr Jennifer Cattermole
- Teaching Arrangements
- One individual 50-minute lesson, plus a performance class weekly.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Course outline
Please contact the School of Performing Arts office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a copy of the most recent paper profile.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding,
Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
By the end of the paper, having been guided through a course of technical and musical study especially designed to meet your individual needs, you should have an appropriate command of your instrument/voice and will be more capable of achieving expressive musical results
You will also have an enhanced understanding of the repertoire for your instrument or voice