An independent research project with supervision from academic staff. Beneficial to students considering postgraduate study in psychology.
This paper provides an individualised opportunity to conduct research with a staff member and to develop skills in research design, execution, data analysis and report writing. Potential topics are chosen from the areas of expertise of staff in the Department. PSYC 310 is highly recommended as preparation for postgraduate study in Psychology, including Honours.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period||Full Year (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,141.35|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- (PSYC 210, PSYC 211, PSYC 212) and (STAT 110 or STAT 115)
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music, Science
- Enrolment in this paper requires departmental permission.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
Students attaining at least a B+ average in PSYC 210, 211, and 212 will be considered for enrolment but are not guaranteed entry. You will be advised of the decision before the first week of classes.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Psychology's website
- Teaching staff
PSYC 310 Co-ordinator: Professor Mike Colombo (in conjunction with Project Supervisor)
- Teaching Arrangements
- This is a full-year paper, and students will be required to complete a research project under the direction of a supervisor.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will:
- Demonstrate independent and critical thinking
- Be able to design and analyse data
- Develop writing and communication skills