Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Courses in approved topics.
A special topic provides students with additional knowledge in a given subject area. It is an ideal paper for students contemplating an honours or postgraduate degree as the specific research and knowledge will be designed to prepare for and support a dissertation or thesis.
|Paper title||Special Topic|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2021 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,245.92|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$9,550.91|
- SURV 573
- Students must seek approval from the Dean of the School of Surveying before enrolling in this paper.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Students must contact (prior to choosing the paper) the School of Surveying lecturer specialising in the required area to obtain agreement to be supervised by that lecturer and, hence, approval to undertake the paper in that particular discipline.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Teaching arrangements will differ with each student/lecturer/subject area. To be negotiated.
- To be advised
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The learning outcomes will be determined jointly by the supervisor and student and will be influenced by the reasons/goals that a student has elected to undertake advanced learning in a special topic.