Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
An applied approach to the development of management accounting data.
The provision of management accounting data about a business and its competitors for use in developing and monitoring business strategy.
|Paper title||Advanced Management Accounting|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,113.72|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,177.04|
- ACCT 408
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught through seminars.
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Course outline
- View the course outline for ACCT 409
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The course is designed to broaden students' appreciation of the role of management accounting techniques and applications in today's modern organisations, especially in light of issues in performance management. To be successful, organisations need to have a forward and outward looking perspective. In helping their organisations achieve this state, management accountants must transform themselves from reactive scorekeepers to proactive strategic thinkers. Management accountants must be capable of assisting with decisions that impact the organisation's strategy, as well as creating organisational systems and structures that support and mark the progress of an organisation's chosen strategy.