A supervised project involving research and leading to the production of a research report.
This paper constitutes the PGDipSci thesis and comprises one-third of the workload at 400-level. The student will undertake a research project in an area of interest to them under the guidance of a selected supervisor. The submitted ANAT 480 thesis will present the research project. A supporting literature review will be completed as ANAT 453.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year
1st Non standard period (10 July 2023 - 19 June 2024) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,496.65|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- ANAT 481
- Limited to
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
Room 231, 2nd Floor
Lindo Ferguson Building (LFB)
Tel 479 7362
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Anatomy's website
- Teaching staff
- Each student has a different member of the Department's academic staff act as their supervisor. There are no set teaching staff.
- Teaching Arrangements
- All teaching is undertaken on campus.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will undertake a research project and thus demonstrate the ability to master the required methodological procedures, to analyse experimental data and to interpret those findings in the context of the relevant literature. This paper provides the opportunity to develop independent learning, self-motivation and good written communication skills.