A supervised project involving research and leading to the production of a research report.
This paper constitutes the PGDipSci thesis and comprises one-third of the workload at 400-level. The student will undertake a research project in an area of interest to them under the guidance of a selected supervisor. The submitted ANAT 480 thesis will present both the research project and a supporting literature review.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Points||40 points 40 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, 1st Non standard period (9 July 2018 - 19 June 2019)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,181.02|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,681.50|
- ANAT 481
- Limited to
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Anatomy's website
- Teaching staff
- Each student has a different member of the Department's academic staff act as their supervisor. There are no set teaching staff.
- Teaching Arrangements
- All teaching is undertaken on campus.
- There are no textbooks for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- To successfully undertake a research project and thus demonstrate the ability to master the required methodological procedures, to analyse experimental data and to interpret those findings in the context of the relevant literature. This paper provides the opportunity to develop independent learning, self-motivation and good written communication skills.