Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree by papers and thesis.
This paper constitutes the MSc preparation paper and comprises a third of the workload at 400-level. The student will undertake a research project in an area of interest to them under the guidance of a selected supervisor. The submitted ANAT 495 thesis will present the research project. A supporting literature review will be completed as ANAT 453. It is expected that work conducted in ANAT 495 will be further developed during a subsequent 500-level MSc thesis.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year
1st Non standard period (10 July 2023 - 19 June 2024) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,024.60|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
Room 231, 2nd Floor
Lindo Ferguson Building (LFB)
Tel: 479 7362
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Anatomy's website
- Teaching staff
- Each student has a different member of the Department's academic staff act as their supervisor. There are no set teaching staff.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who complete the paper will be able to successfully undertake a research project and, thus, demonstrate the ability to master the required methodological procedures, to analyse experimental data and to interpret those findings in the context of the relevant literature. This paper provides the opportunity to develop independent learning, self-motivation and good written communication skills.