Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
A student-initiated project in collaboration with a host organisation/institution comprising either a strategic plan, or an evaluation of a new science/technology-based initiative, within the host organisation/institution.
|Paper title||Workplace-based Project|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (4 January 2021 - 30 June 2021)
2nd Non standard period (1 July 2021 - 28 December 2021) (On campus)
3rd Non standard period (4 January 2021 - 28 December 2021) (On campus)
4th Non standard period (5 July 2021 - 30 June 2022) (On campus)
5th Non standard period (1 November 2021 - 31 May 2022) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,166.68|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,931.47|
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- This is a workplace-based project.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Attainment of the skills required to critically evaluate a science-based initiative
- An understanding of the resources required to instantiate a science-based initiative
- An understanding of the wider relevance and value of science