2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Medical investigation of aircraft accidents; short duration acceleration; noise, vibration and communication; survival and rescue; fatigue risk management; human performance; ergonomics and work performance; aviation toxicology; health promotion.
|Paper title||Human Performance|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,857.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,363.00|
- Limited to
- MAvMed, MHealSc, PGDipAvMed, PGDipHealSc
Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine industry.
If you have not already done so, please contact the department for course advice before selecting your programme, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
- Course Director: Ben Johnston
- Paper Structure
- Core paper for the Postgraduate Certificate in Civil Aviation Medicine (PGCertCivAvMed), Master of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed) and Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Aviation Medicine (MHealSc(AvMed))
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught in odd years in the second semester. It is a fully distance-taught paper with an optional week-long Professional Visits Programme held at various locations around the world. Where is it this year?
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong learning,
scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
The learning outcomes of this paper will coincide with the modules taught; these modules are
- Aviation Pathology and Medical Investigation of Aircraft Accidents
- Short-Term Acceleration and Aircrew Flying Clothing
- Education and Training for Commercial Flight Crew
- Noise, Vibration and Communication
- Thermal Physiology, Rescue and Survival
- Fatigue Risk Management in Aviation
- Human Performance in Aviation
- Aviation Toxicology
- Health Promotion