Airport services; airline aviation medicine; passenger cabin safety; flight attendant health; airline catering; alcohol and drug issues in aviation; public health aspects of airline travel; traveller health; aeromedical transport systems.
|Paper title||Airport and Travel Health|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2020, expected to be offered in 2021|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,857.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,363.00|
- Limited to
- MAvMed, MHealSc, PGDipAvMed, PGDipHealSc
Healthcare professionals currently employed, or interested in work, in the aviation medicine industry.
If you have not already done so, please contact the department for course advice before selecting your programme, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Occupational and Aviation Medicine Unit's website
- Teaching staff
- Course Director: Ben Johnston
- Paper Structure
- Core paper for the Master of Aviation Medicine (MAvMed) and Master of Health Sciences endorsed in Aviation Medicine (MHealSc(AvMed))
- Teaching Arrangements
- This paper is taught in odd years in the first semester. It is a fully distance-taught paper with an optional week-long Professional Visits Programme held at various locations around the world. Where is it this year?
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork, global perspective, lifelong
learning, scholarship, communication, critical thinking, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
The learning outcomes of this paper will coincide with the modules taught; these modules are
Medical Aspects of Air Traffic Control and Airport Services
Airline Aviation Medicine; Passenger Cabin Safety
The Health of Flight Attendants
Food Hygiene and Airline Catering
Alcohol and Drug Issues in Aviation
Public Health Aspects of Airline Travel
Aeromedical Transport Systems