The principles of organisational psychology, the role of emotional intelligence, the realities of group dynamics and group behaviour, intergroup conflict and cooperation.
This paper also examines the skills necessary to identify the existence and causes of work-based behaviour problems and how best to apply those skills.
|Paper title||Organisational Psychology|
|Subject||Doctor of Business Administration|
|Points||20 points 20 points|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (29 June 2020 - 21 August 2020), 1st Non standard period (29 June 2020 - 21 August 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,365.11|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,026.17|
- Limited to
- This paper includes a compulsory on-campus component
- Teaching staff
- To be confirmed
- Paper Structure
- Principles of organisational psychology
- Positive employee attitudes and behaviour, reward systems
- Worker stress and negative employee attitudes and behaviours
- Performance measurement
- Personalities and individual differences; the individual and the work environment
- Teaching Arrangements
- Taught through seminars and online through Blackboard
- Readings will be made available through Blackboard.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Global perspective, Cultural understanding,
Critical thinking, Ethics, Research, Communication.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will gain
- A highly developed understanding of the core elements of occupational psychology, including the interrelationships between the various aspects of occupational psychology
- A highly developed understanding of the complex set of factors that combine to influence and/or determine human and work behaviour in organisations
- A highly developed understanding of the skills necessary to identify the existence and causes of work behaviour problems within organisations and the ability to apply knowledge to minimise or resolve complex behavioural problems