2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
This paper introduces current and novel applications of methods and technological advances extending biochemical knowledge in the biomedical and biotechnological fields.
|Paper title||Contemporary Technologies in Biochemistry|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,333.93|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$6,318.60|
- A firm foundation in contemporary biochemistry is required for this paper, but students
from any area of molecular biosciences can take this paper subject to approval from
the Course Co-ordinator.
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- There is no specific textbook for this paper. Examples are drawn from current research literature.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Articulate a broad understanding of contemporary biochemistry and related scientific fields
- Appropriately communicate scientific concepts to both specialist and general audiences
- Evaluate the philosophical and ethical aspects of activities as a scientist
- Identify and critically evaluate relevant information