This paper introduces current and novel applications of methods and technological advances extending biochemical knowledge in the biomedical and biotechnological fields.
|Paper title||Contemporary Technologies in Biochemistry|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,282.09|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,842.50|
- A firm foundation in contemporary biochemistry is required for this paper, but students
from any area of molecular biosciences can take this paper subject to approval from
the Course Co-ordinator.
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Dr Liz Ledgerwood
- There is no specific textbook for this paper. Examples are drawn from current research literature.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Cultural understanding, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Articulate a broad understanding of contemporary biochemistry and related scientific fields
- Appropriately communicate scientific concepts to both specialist and general audiences
- Evaluate the philosophical and ethical aspects of activities as a scientist
- Identify and critically evaluate relevant information